Working in an industry that is dominated by females, Valentine’s Day is a subject matter that comes up a lot in conversation this time of year, and since we have so many experts in the art of love, we thought it would be fun to put together a list of Valentine’s Day ideas for those of you that may need a helping hand. There is something for everyone here, some romantic, some just fun, some funny, and some just plain off the wall. It takes all types to make the world go ‘round, and when you finish reading this, one of two things will happen, you will know exactly how to woo your “love muffin,” or you will ban Valentine’s Day all together… either way you will be thoroughly entertained.
5 Most Romantic Valentine’s Day Ideas:
These ideas are for those whose ideas of love come from watching “The Notebook” or “The Titanic”, and spend months planning for this special day.
5. Turn off all electronics, make a romantic candle lit dinner for two, and end the night by asking each other questions from conversation cards.
4. Make love coupons good for:
- A massage
- Champagne and cuddling by the fire
- A dance in the rain
- One night free of cooking and cleaning
3. Fill up his/her room with balloons that have candy and reasons why you love him/her in each balloon.
2. Scavenger hunt
- Set notes in all his/her favorite places around town (bakeries, stores, parks, etc.), each one leading to the next and ultimately leading to a candle lit dinner for two at his/her favorite restaurant or a room at an upscale hotel.
1. Kidnap him/her for a romantic evening out in Denver
- Pick him/her up in a limo with his/her favorite music playing inside
- Have roses and chocolates in hand
- Take him/her to a very romantic dinner
- Followed by a concert or show that they love
- Afterward take a carriage ride through downtown Denver
- Finally, have the limo take you home which has been decorated with roses and candles, as well as a bath ready and waiting, or a gorgeous hotel room decorated the same way.
5 Most Fun Valentine’s Day Ideas
These ideas, while just as romantic as the previous, add an element of playfulness, and are for those who are still a kid at heart.
5. Make chocolate fondue together, feed each other and get extra messy.
- Everyone loves to play with chocolate, and it also tastes delicious when cleaning it up.
4. Cover the floor with newspaper and finger paint a masterpiece.
- If you spend Valentine’s Day with your kids, they will absolutely love this one…what could be better than painting with your fingers all over the floor, or better yet…your entire body!
3. Take turns picking movies, stay up all night watching them, drinking hot chocolate and eating finger foods.
- Chick flick, action movie, chick flick, action movie…that pretty much sums up the night.
2. Have a fun flirty photo shoot together
- This is great because you will have the memory of this day forever, and professional photographers can make you look REALLY good!
1. Set up a tent in your backyard, build a fire in the BBQ, roast marshmallows and lay out under the stars
- You don’t have to be worried about bears, snakes or going to the bathroom outside…sounds like a perfect situation.
5 Most Outrageous Valentine’s Day Ideas
These ideas are for those who do not have any sort of budget or just want to do something completely random and unexpected for Valentine’s Day. It’s safe to say that the top three ideas on this list are inspired by the show “The Bachelor,” and the other two are inspired by hippies.
5. Volunteer at a local shelter together for the evening.
- What could be more romantic than giving to those in need?
4. Take flying trapeze lessons together.
- Want to see what kinds of crazy body positions you and your significant other can get in to? Here you go!
3. Wake up super early and take a hot air balloon ride followed by breakfast at his/her favorite place.
Warning: If your significant other is NOT a morning person…probably not a good idea to plan this one. You may actually end up getting dumped rather than praised.
2. Take a helicopter ride over Denver at night followed by a rooftop dinner.
- This is just plain awesome…expensive, but crazy sweet nonetheless. This idea will only get the full affect if your significant other does not have a fear of flying.
1. Get engaged!
- This is pretty much the most outrageous, romantic/cliché thing a person could do for Valentine’s Day…if you are a girl, you can make it really outrageous by being the one to propose!
Whatever you choose to do for Valentine’s Day whether it be over the top or nothing at all because you are like a few of our staff members who think Valentine’s Day is nothing but a holiday set in place to make Hallmark some money, we know it will be special. If you have any of your own ideas, or stories of your past Valentine’s Days, we would love for you to share them with us. Love is wonderful no matter how it’s expressed and that’s why it’s so universal but so unique at the same time. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone…may it be filled with love and joy!
“Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition.”